What information do we collect?
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the website(such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account), billing and other information you provide to purchase an item;
- personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- Aggregate Information: OETmaterial.com.au collects non-identifying, general, generic and aggregate information to better design our Web site and services.
- Non-Personal Information: OETmaterial.com.au may collect non-personal information as you use OETmaterial.com.au. When you use the site, OETmaterial.com.au, third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address.
- We may combine some Non-Personal Information with the Personal Information we collect. Where we do so, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information if the resulting combination may be used to readily identify or locate you in the same manner as Personal Information alone.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide services you request.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links, should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including identification of when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our website, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our website.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies, including as is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (including subpoenas, search warrants, court orders) and law enforcement instructions and orders.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Website (including your IP address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Sharing your Information
- We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
- We may disclose your personal information upon a business transition; at the sale or transfer of OETmaterial.com.au and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred.
- We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia
- We may share aggregate data with advertisers and other third parties. OETmaterial.com.au uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer and transaction data exchanged with our site.
We may automatically collect information from you when you browse the Site using “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the website that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. (A) Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Site may include, without limitation: (B) the pages you visit within the Site; (C) the date and time of your visit to the Site; (D) the amount of time you spend using the Site; (E) the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or (F) your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your OETmaterial.com.au account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites.
Our website is not for the use of individuals who are under the age of eighteen (18), but if you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must use OETmaterial.com.au under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, or responsible adult. OETmaterial.com.au does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Accessing and updating your Information
You can update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
Additionally, You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we can’t grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.